Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


This electronic diary is continued from tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook31.blogspot.com.

September 20167

September 20167
Photo by Jefferson Solayao

Friday, December 30, 2016

Your Messenger message:

"Tony, I just came out of watching my third MetroManila film fest. And I had to write you. When you talked about atsay culture in Pinas, I had reservations about your assessment. But I realize now I was being optimistic. You are right. Just between the two of us, atsay culture really plagues Pinas. And the weird part is Pinoy cinema is being hailed by Pinoys themselves as having a renaissance. Nakakahiya. Self-congratulatory pa ang kaatsayan. I read the news after watching a movie just now. [...]. I just saw it. It is incoherent on so many levels. L...]. I felt I just wasted two hours of my life. I am about to watch ___________________. And if this is an atsay film too, I am crossing my fingers it will offer a few patches of enjoyment. Kakarampot na sining. Haaaay."


My reply:

Hello _________________!

Have you checked out literature, theater, and art?

No comments:

Post a Comment