Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


This electronic diary is continued from tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook31.blogspot.com.

September 20167

September 20167
Photo by Jefferson Solayao

Thursday, December 29, 2016

My favorite butchers at Farmers Market are artists and love their trade. Whenever I purchase a kilo of beef or pork they slice the meat generously and skillfully, taking care to give me a really good piece. When I go over a kilo I pay for the extra weight and take everything--it's mine for the cooking anyway. I note that, whenever other customers insist on paring down their meat to a kilo, the butchers get somewhat distressed, as though the piece they have to shave off decreases in value.

I guess, not everyone likes going home with a hefty, untrimmed piece of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment